Rotation | Orientation Manager
A tool to manage the device orientation on Android.
Rotation is a tool for Android to manage device orientation. It offers all the modes that Android supports and can be configured according to the apps or various events like call, lock, headset, charging and dock. It doesn’t matter that the app has a specific mode, it completely overrides the app and system settings like
Instagram in Landscape
Rotation was my first major app for Android released in 2014 and it will always remain special to me. Controlling app orientation has always been a challenge for users having larger devices. So, I designed a system-independent framework to help those users, and Rotation was born. In spite of having a very limited set of users, Rotation has still managed to help a lot of people and some of them were way out of my thinking.
• Auto-rotate on • Auto-rotate off
• Forced auto-rotate • Forced portrait • Forced landscape
• Reverse portrait • Reverse landscape • Sensor portrait • Sensor landscape
• Forced full sensor • Lock Current – Lock current orientation
• Call orientation • Lock orientation • Headset orientation
• Charging orientation • Dock orientation • App orientation
• Events priority - Customizable events preference in case of two or more events occur simultaneously.
Change orientation of the foreground app or events with a fully customizable floating head (or notification or tile) available on the top of supported tasks.
• Start on boot • Notification • Vibration and more.
• Widgets, shortcuts and notification tiles to perform various operations.
• Rotation extension to automate over 40 actions via Locale / Tasker plugin.
Please read below what users say about Rotation.
Justifies it’s existence
Thank you for creating this app. I’m a disabled gamer and this has made many apps that only play in portrait mode very useful to me. Because I have to have the case hold my tablet because I do not have finger movement. So I play everything and do everything in landscape mode because that’s the way the case holds the tablet. There were so many apps that only play in portrait and I couldn’t go near them cuz everything was sideways and now you have fix that. God bless you. I have already paid for the fee if it was more I would have paid that so I thank you. I hope that more people pay because your fee is so modest and what you offer is a very nice thing.
There are many reasons for rotation management, but mostly it is needed to make up for amateur programmers who know enough to be dangerous. Google guidelines state that, except for very good reasons, apps should handle all orientations (if only portrait, then support reverse portrait as well). Programming is not easy and not everyone should try. Apps like this exist to make up for ineptitude, and thankfully, they do. So, Rotation-Orientation Manager gets full marks! It’s the best I’ve used.
Nice, good working. My device’s screen has been broken and not working top right side. Besides, device system’s rotation unable to work over all function and it helps me. So, thanks very much.
EXACTLY what I needed..sometimes I need my screen to rotate in a way that my system settings don’t have an option for and this app helps. All I had to do was enable it to change (override) my system settings. Thanks so much.
A previous screen rotation app I was using failed to turn the image all the time. I found this one & it works great. I am using a TV box, and now my apps show up in landscape. I did purchase the license key, & a button is available if I need it.
Besides loving the app, support for Android 10 was great. If you have issues with Android 10, reach out to the developer. And if you haven’t purchased the key, do it, it is worth it. And no I am affiliated with the developer.
Designed for Tablets
Exactly what you need when working with applications on the tablet!
Translated from Russian
Works. I tried it - applications that hung in vertical mode now work properly on the tablet, very satisfied. Thank!
This application has fundamentally improved my life! Finally, the applications ceased to command me, and now only I decide in which orientation to use them.
Paying for the pro version was entirely worthwhile. Do you have a donate page where I can perhaps send a little more your way? This kind of effective response should be recognized.
Brilliant app & a must have. Developer very helpful as well 👍🏻
I am glad that Rotation is helping people in various ways. Hope I will keep developing such useful apps, please download it via Google Play to support my work.
Rotation has a beautiful user interface featuring the Material Design by Google and is powered by the dynamic theme to provide various customization options. It has background aware functionality to adjust views according to their background to avoid any visibility issues and hence provide color for every choice. Themes can be shared via
file to achieve a similar look in other apps and devices.
Some of the theme presets are available here. Please feel free to modify and share.
Never thought that it would be so magical!https://t.co/opzE57ZvTm#DynamicTheme #Android pic.twitter.com/uWKxt0sYcX— Pranav Pandey (@pranavpandeydev) October 1, 2019
Let’s give it a try via Google Play.
Rotation | Orientation Manager
Key | Remove ads | More features
Some manufacturers like Xiaomi have disabled the Reverse Portrait mode in their custom MIUI. So, Rotation can’t do much in this case as it is disabled by the system.
- Buy Rotation Key for more features and to support the development.
- In case of bugs/issues, please contact me via email before making any review.
- Some apps might not work properly when forced to work in certain orientations. Use Auto-Rotate on/off from Apps conditions to use system settings for those apps.
- Some apps might not work properly when forced to work in portrait/landscape mode. Use Auto-Rotate on/off from Apps conditions to use system settings for those apps.
- Reverse Portrait is disabled on some Xiaomi (MIUI) devices with default launcher. Please try any other launcher (home screen) to make it work.